This is a government school under the Ministry of Health,Community development, Gender,Elderly and Children.It gets directives,joining instructions and other guidance from the Ministry. The school is located within the premises of Bugando Medical Centre and is administratively under Director General,in Directorate of Allied schools.
- Pre-service diploma in Nursing.NTA level 4,5 and 6.Course duration is 3 years.Capacity for each class is 50 students. Enrolls both males and females. Admission requirements are having "O" level certificate,having passes in science subjects,Physics,Chemistry and Biology,with at least two Cs in Chemistry and Biology and one D in Physics as a minimum requirements.While passes in Mathematics and English are additional requirements.Apply through Central Admission System in NACTE website.The course starts in November each year.
- E-learning(In-service) diploma.NTA level 6.This is two years course duration.Capacity for each class is 50 students. Enrolls both males and females.Admission requirements are having "O" level certificate,having passes in Physics,Chemistry and Biology with at least D for each as a minimum requirements,having completed Certificate level in Nursing and having two years working experience. Apply through Central Admission System in NACTE website.The course starts in November each year.
- Basic certificate in Community Health.NTA level 4.It is one year program and class capacity is 50 students. Enrolls both males and females.For admission requirements see information below.
- A holder of form four certificate (O-Level) with at least four passes including Biology at D grade or above OR
- An applicant who has form IV or VI qualification; and had received informal training in Community Health Workers (CHWs), Para Social work (PSW) and Medical Attendant (MAs) recognized programs; and practiced in the respective area. Admission of such applicants into the programme will follow guidelines and procedures for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) prescribed by NACTE.
- O-Level certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Letter from Village Executive Officer (VEO)
- Certificate for CHWs, PSWs or MAs training (if attended)
- Application should be done on line through NACTE Central Admission System.
For more information,you may contact the school through
BUGANDO SCHOOL OF NURSING,
Landline: +255 (0)28 2540610-5 Ext.218. Principal. Or Ext.250. General.
Fax: +255 (0)28 2500799.